If you admired Mrs. Park’s beautiful skin on the Korean film Parasite, you are not alone. Korean women are obsessed with skincare but not everyone has time for a 10 step morning and evening routine, especially when you’re as busy as Cho Yeo-Jeong, the talented Korean actress who played Mrs. Park in the Oscar winning movie.
In fact, Ms. Cho reveals in her book, Healing Beauty, that it is often not the products you put on your face that matter as much as the healthy lifestyle that you practice every day.
Cho Yeo-Joeong’s non negotiables:
- Daily yoga
- Drinking tons of water
- Eating whole foods like tomatoes, onions, sweet potatoes, legumes, mushrooms, and eggs
Avoid the white devils:
- White sugar
- White flour
- White rice
As for beauty, Cho Yeo-Joeong is a big believer in K Beauty principles such as double cleansing, sheet masking, and facial massage. Double cleansing is still something of a mystery in the western world but has been proven to be an effective way to remove the makeup, sunscreen, and other toxins that are harmful to your skin.
Though a typical K Beauty routine can involve up to 10 or more steps, if you are looking for a more practical way to achieve K beautiful skin, here’s a shorter version that will get you to work on time!
- Double Cleanse only at night: You don’t have makeup on while you’re sleeping so skip the oil based cleanser and go straight for your water based cleanser to clean off the products you put on the night before and any nighttime sweat that’s on your face.
- Essence or Serum: These two are basically the same thing with a different consistency. Use whichever you prefer in the morning and use both at night.
- Eye Cream: The skin around your eyes are so prone to wrinkles that you don’t want to skip this step.
- Moisturizer: Perhaps the only product you absolutely must not skip even on a deserted island.
- Sunscreen (Mornings only): Always use the sunscreen and prevent a lot of bad things from happening in the first place.
What’s next for Cho Yeo-Jeong? A very different role from the wealthy and naive Mrs. Park from Parasite, Cho is currently starring in new drama series called Woman of 9.9 Billion. Cho plays a woman in a very troubled marriage who finds herself tempted by an accidental windfall which could be her last chance for salvation.
Watch the full series on Viki: Woman of 9.9 Billion