Father’s Day is just around the corner and will be different for many families. Some of us haven’t seen our dads for longer than we would like and with tricky travel conditions, it may still be a while before we do. So here are a few ideas that will add a little more cheer and love for dad! Of course, we know that men are tough to shop for but we hope this makes the hunt a bit easier.
- It’s high time dad writes his life story so the kids and grandkids will get to read all the stories that made him the amazing man he is today. Pebble Grey Moleskine Ruled/Line Journal are a great gift and priced at $18 for a set of three books, dad can jot it all down including sketches, memories as well as his life story. Pebble Grey Moleskine Ruled/Line Journal, $18
- Personalized notecards (and envelopes) are a bit indulgent but your dad will appreciate them. Emails and texts can’t compare to these handsome sets from Papier, $50.00 for $25.
- Barva Wood Docking/Charging Station Organizer for a cellular phone, a tablets, keys, and other office accessories, $48 is the ultimate gift for dads who love to organize their items. It would be the perfect gadget on their desk.
The Fashion Guy
- He loves shoes but since he’s not leaving home for a while why not get him a comfy pair of Ugg slipper to go with his stylish athleisure? These soft Ugg slipper will keep his feet feeling great all day. UGG Men’s Ascot Slipper, $110
- To refresh your dad’s sun protection gear, we love this hat. It is packable without looking too floppy. Your dad will look so smart in this Coolibar hat and it’s great to know that Coolibar is the first clothing company to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation. Men’s Galileo Packable Travel Hat UPF 50+, $69.00
- A Fleece hat for just a little warmth for the dads who like to take early morning walks or are located in more chilly weather. It will help to keep him snug and warm. The soft fleece is really cozy and the bill helps to keep him looking great. LL Bean Fleece baseball cap with tuck away ear flaps, $30
- Since this pandemic, the hair clippers have been one of popular items to purchase because going to hair salons or barbers regularly became a lot harder. Brightup Beard Trimmer, Cordless Hair Clippers Hair Trimmer for Men, $39 is a wonderful gift to dads who like to keep his hair clean cut.
- There are aprons and then there are aprons worth putting on your dad. He can wear this handsome one from Food52 while cooking or doing more heavy duty chores around the house.
- Japanese whiskeys have picked up their popularity over the past few years and become expensive and limited because of the manufacturers’ struggle to meet the demand due to Japanese whiskey’s rapid sales. If your dad is into whiskeys, it would be wonderful for you to introduce him to Japanese whiskeys.
Best Overall, Suntory Yamazaki 12 Year Single Malt, $190 – It is a pure gold color. On the nose, aromas of peach, pineapple, grapefruit, clove, candied orange, vanilla, and Mizunara (Japanese oak). On the palate, coconut, cranberry, and butter. Sweet ginger and cinnamon on the long finish.
Best Rice Whiskey, Kikori Japanese Whisky, $48 – Barrel-aged for a minimum of three years in American oak, French limousin oak, and sherry casks, Kikori is golden and pure in color with a floral and fragrant aroma and a velvety smoothness to the palate. Kikori delivers a distinctively different style of whiskey that is memorable, delicate, and delicious.
Best for Highball, Suntory Toki, $40 – Toki, meaning “time” in Japanese, it features the quintessential characteristics of a Suntory Whisky blend: exquisite balance, harmony, and oneness. Clear gold with notes of basil, green apple, honey, grapefruit, green grapes, peppermint, and thyme. Subtly sweet and spicy finish with a hint of vanilla oak, white pepper, and ginger.
*Highball is a mixed alcoholic drink composed of an alcoholic base spirit and a larger proportion of a non-alcoholic mixer, often a carbonated beverage. This is one of the most popular drinks in Japan.
- Whiskey Stones Gift Set, $90 would be another great gift for the whiskey lovers. This gift set contains Whiskey Decanter, 2 Twisted Whiskey Glasses, 2 XL Stainless Steel Whisky Balls, 2 Coasters, Special Tongs & Freezer Pouch in a luxury looking Pinewood Box.
- If your dad loves Japanese whiskeys and wants to venture out to other Asian liquors, This high-end Korean soju would be a great one. With a half alcohol content, soju makes a great replacement for other hard liquors so you would enjoy the spirit without getting buzzed too quickly. Soju will go well with any food especially Korean BBQ!
Yobo Soju, $37 – It is an award-winning, craft soju made right here in New York from grapes. Yobo is handmade using local harvest grapes and water. You can expect a clean and refreshing experience as there are no sulfites, preservatives, additives or sugars added.
The Fit Guy
- Does your dad’s roller need to be replaced? He doesn’t have one you say? Rollers are an essential part of releasing muscle tension post workouts and he will love the cutting edge feel of this two in one roller which effectively targets legs, arms and back. Lululemon Double Roller, $58.00
- TheraGun Elite – All-New 4th Generation Percussive Therapy Deep Tissue Muscle Treatment Massage Gun, $299 is another exceptional gift to dads who work out consistently. The Theragun Elite massages the muscle thoroughly to easy tension and release soreness, and comfort the body daily.
- Family portrait in the form of personalized wooden peg dolls, whimsical and thoughtful—one of a kind that you create with the shop. Unfortunately it takes 10 weeks. But seems like this is worth the wait! Depending on the number of dolls, prices range $94.95 to $149.95 at GluePaperScissorShop.
- Smokeless fire pits do the job without the annoying smoke following you wherever you sit. This portable fire pit actually has accessories (sold separately) for grilling and cooking and will remind him of your family’s camping trips. I can smell the kalbi and ramen in the air. This fire pit is the ultimate man gift and comes with a lifetime warranty. Breeo Double Flame 19 Smokeless Fire Pit, $349.00